In Collaboration with Alumni, CaPS, SSMU & PGSS:
Interested in exploring career opportunities within the federal government? Please join us for our third annual federal government career tour, where you will have the opportunity to hear about career paths in the public sector, and network with hiring managers. This will be an exclusive opportunity to network with government officials. Special emphasis will be placed on public service renewal and the programs geared towards student employment.
Note that a maximum of 40 seats are available (20 undergraduate students and 20 graduate students).
Dates: Wednesday, January 18th - Friday, January 20th, 2017
Lodging: Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa
Cost: starting at $205 per person, based on double occupancy**
Departure: from Thomson House Wednesday, January 18th at 6:30pm
Return to Montreal, Friday, January 20th at approximately 8:00pm
Schedule of meetings with Federal Government Departments providing an overview of their programs and policies
- Thursday, January 19th (9am - 12pm): Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- Thursday, January 19th (1pm - 4pm): Public Service Commission
- Thursday, January 19th (5:30pm): Networking cocktail event with McGill Alumni
- Friday, January 20th (9am - 12pm): Global Affairs Canada
- Friday, January 20th (1pm - 4pm): Health Canada
Your trip includes:
- 2 nights at Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa (crowneplaza.com/gatineauottawa), all meeting arrangements and transportation by deluxe coach bus. All taxes included.
- Meetings with Federal government departments providing an overview of their programs and policies.
- Networking cocktail event with McGill Alumni at the Crowne Plaza
- An exclusive CV and Networking workshop delivered by CaPS for participants at 5:30pm on January 16, 2017 at Thomson House.
- A logistics info session at 5:30 pm on December 8 at Thomson House
**You are responsible for finding other people to share your room. PGSS can help, but we are not responsible if you are unable to fill your room; you will have to pay the full price.
You have the option of paying just for the bus and event, while finding accommodations with family/friends in Ottawa.**
Space limited, register early!!
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner not included.
Please note: For double occupancy, there are 2 queen size beds in the room
For more information contact: info.pgss [at] mail.mcgill.ca