The role of Campus and Space Planning (CSP) is to support McGill's institutional mission and academic planning efforts by providing analysis and physical planning expertise on issues related to campus physical development, capital budget planning, space planning and sustainable development.
More specifically, CSP is responsible for:
- Coordinating the physical planning process required to alter, reallocate or provide space resources. This applies to existing space or new construction.
- Compiling data, undertaking studies and making recommendations regarding space use
- Facilitate the implementation of sustainable policies and practices on campus
- Coordinating the annual capital budget submission to the Quebec Government based on space data
- Coordinate with surrounding municipalities concerning master planning and zoning issues
- Database management and updating of site plans, floor plans and room usage for FAMIS software
- Approval of on-campus outdoor events
- Exam seating plans
For more information: