Faculté de Pharmacie. Université de Montréal
Faculté de Pharmacie
Université de Montréal
Pavillon Jean-Coutu, Local 3204
2940 Chemin de la polytechnique
Montréal, Québec H3T 1J4
fahima [dot] nekka [at] umontreal [dot] ca
Pharmacometrics interprets and describes pharmacology in a quantitative fashion. By developing appropriate metrics, pharmacometrics provides quantitative foundations for pharmacology. It consists of the study of measurement, regression analysis (data fitting), system reproduction (modeling and simulation), for the estimation, evaluation, understanding and prediction of pharmaceutical processes in terms of their general trends and variability.
Within this area, our group is working on the efficient integration of different drug-related aspects and mechanisms. Our modeling approach, hypothesis- or data-driven, aims to enrich our capacity in understanding and explaining the complex interrelationship between drugs and living systems. We have progressed in various axes within this area:
* Compliance Metrics and Ranking
* Metrics to Evaluate the Clinical Impact of Variable Drug Intake Behaviour
* Pharmacometrics and Mechanistic Modeling in Animal Drug Use
* Objective Evaluation of the Efficacy of a Treatment by Adjusting Classical Breakpoint Estimation Methods to the Situation of Variable PK Profiles
* Development of Physiologically Based Pharmacokinetic (PBPK) Models to Predict Drug-Drug interactions
* Development and use of Global Sensitivity Approaches for PBPK Models.