Bloomberg Manulife Prize Application Information
In order to be eligible, candidates for the Bloomberg Manulife Prize must hold an academic or clinical-academic appointment and be actively conducting research at a North American university, in a campus or hospital setting.
Each candidate must submit a complete application package prior to the established deadline. In addition to a curriculum vitae, this package will include a detailed statement outlining past and on-going research, describing how his or her research enhances personal health and well-being, and, in particular, the depth and scope of positive impact their research has had for the promotion of active health and/or the prevention of illness.
Past winners of the Bloomberg Manulife Prize are not eligible to re-apply
The successful candidate is expected to have demonstrated:
- An outstanding research record evidenced by peer-reviewed scientific publications, patents and/or products and academic presentations
- Successful translation of research findings and outcome into initiatives/actions which have had, or have the potential to have, a positive impact on individuals, a set of individuals or a population with respect to prevention of illness or promotion of healthy living
How to Apply
To apply for the Bloomberg Manulife Prize, please submit your application package using the form on this website. Apply now >>
The deadline for receipt of applications is May 15, 2014.
Applications will be considered and retained for a two-year period upon request by the applicant. The application can be ‘self-nomination’ or ‘nomination by a third party’. Each application should include (pdf, doc or docx):
- A curriculum vitae that includes a publication list of peer-reviewed journal articles and book chapters from the last five years only.
- A detailed impact statement (maximum 2,000 words) outlining candidate’s research conducted within the past five years, indicating the breadth and depth of how it leads to enhanced personal health and well-being, and, in particular, the positive impact it has had, or has the potential to have, on behavioural change leading to the prevention of illness and/or promotion of active health.
- Three letters of support, if self-nominated, from individuals who the candidate has not collaborated or published with in the last five years demonstrating depth of impact and influence.
- Three letters of support, if nomination by a third party, including a letter from the nominator.
For more information, please email bloomberg-manulife [at] mcgill [dot] ca