Marika Zelenka Roy Chair in Bioengineering
Ph.D. Polytechnical University at Bucharest, Romania
M.S. Academy of Economic Studies at Bucharest, Romania
Macdonald Engineering Building, Room 375
dan.nicolau [at] mcgill.ca (e-mail )
- design and fabricate dynamic hybrid nanodevices comprising linear protein molecular motors working on semiconductor manufactured electro-mechanical devices;
- design and fabricate ‘smart’ micro/nano-profiled and electrically-active surfaces that combinatorially probe the response of biomolecules for micro/nano-array applications;
- study effective, non-denaturating technologies for immobilization of biomolecules in static (e.g. biosensors) and dynamic (e.g. microfluidics) biodevices;
- study intelligent-like behaviour and algorithms used by microorganisms in their survival and search strategies, probed in microfabricated structures
- BIEN 200: Introduction to Bioengineering (2 credits)
- BIEN 520: High Throughput Bioanalytical Devices (3 credits)
Protein Molecular Surface Mapped at Different Geometrical Resolutions.
Nicolau, D.V., Paszek, E., Fulga, F., Nicolau Jr., D.V.
PLoS ONE. 2013 March 14; 8(3), Art. No. e58896 DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0058896
Separation-free detection of biological molecules based on plasmon-enhanced fluorescence.
Wilson, R., Nicolau, D.V.
Angewandte Chemie – Int. Ed. 2011 February 25; 50(9), 2151-2154 DOI: 10.1002/anie.201005975
The BAD project: Data mining, database and prediction of protein adsorption on surfaces.
Vasina, E.N., Paszek, E., Nicolau Jr., D.V. , Nicolau, D.V.
Lab on a Chip. 2009; 9(7), 891-900. DOI: 10.1039/b813475h
Visit MEDLINE indexed publications for more.