Faculty and Staff
Associate Professor and Chair
- Valerie Orsat: Impact of food processing on product quality and functionality, extraction methods and by-product recovery, engineered systems for functional ingredient production.
- Chandra Madramootoo: Water resources management, irrigation, hydrology, soil conservation, drainage, water quality.
- Edward McKyes: Soil mechanics, cultivation and tillage, machinery, structures, water resources, environment.
- Vijaya Raghavan: Heat and mass transfer, hybrid drying methods for quality food, shelf life extension of fruits and vegetables, food processing, electrotechnology for biotech applications.
- Shiv O. Prasher: Remote sensing applications in agriculture, best management practices for pollution control, remediation systems for agricultural and industrial contamination sites, machine learning methods in agriculture, machine vision.
- Michael Ngadi: Food and bioprocess engineering, heat and mass transfer, mathematical modelling, non-thermal processing of foods, microstructure, hyperspectral imaging, food quality and food safety.
- Robert S. Broughton: Drainage, hydrology, irrigation.
- Robert Kok: Biosystem and ecosystem design and control, artificial life, artificial intelligence, mass production of insects, modelling and simulation.
- Viacheslav Adamchuk: Precision agriculture, soil and crop sensing, spatial data management, GNSS, GIS, and data acquisition systems.
- Grant Clark: Ecological engineering, Scientific computing, Modeling and simulation, Microbiological systems, Agricultural systems, Complex adaptive systems
- Mark Lefsrud: Biofuels, biomass production, controlled environments, secondary compounds and proteomics.
- Jan Adamowski: Hydrology and Water Resources Management.
- Marie-Josée Dumont: Bioprocessing, bio-based polymers, biofuel production, and related fields.
- Zhiming Qi: Water quality, hydrological, environmental and crop modeling, irrigation and drainage engineering, climate change impacts on bioresources