The Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences has an Internship Office whose services are available to all students in the faculty. The office facilitates student internships in the fall, winter and summer semesters. Interns are required to complete a minimum of 10 weeks with their host organization. Students receive recognition of this internship with a pass/fail grade on their McGill academic transcript, based on the completion of non-academic reports.
Eligibility to the Program:
- Open to all full-time undergraduate Macdonald students who will be returning to their study program after their internship is finished
- Must have a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.9 or higher
- Must be enrolled in one of the following programs:
- Bachelor of Science (Agricultural and Environmental Sciences)
- Bachelor of Science (Food Science)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Bioresource)
- Placement must be for a minimum of 10 weeks (employed full-time) working in a position relevant to your field of academic study.
Criteria for Evaluation
- The Internship Program is a non-credit (pass/fail only) course that will appear on your McGill transcript.
- Pass or Fail is evaluated through written assignments that are based on your internship experience:
- Journals (every 100 hours or every three weeks)
- Picture Poster
- Final Paper
How to apply?
- Admission to the program is by approval only. Please visit the Internship Office if you would like to enroll. The office is located in the Macdonald-Stewart building at: MS2-082 (Ms. Lindsay O'Connell).
- A "Personal Statement" is required of all those who wish to participate in the program.
For more information, please visit the Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Internship Website at http://www.mcgill.ca/macdonald/programs/internships