Navy Officer (Her Majesty’s Canadian Ship (HMCS) Carleton, 1999-2003)
- Surface Officer (MARS) - Royal Canadian Navy (Reserves)
- Completed MARS I-IV Regular Force Naval Officer Courses
- Completed Officer Candidate School (Ranked 1st in Platoon)
Officer Cadet (Royal Military College of Canada, 1998-2002)
- Full time Officer Cadet
- Appointed Cadet Squadron Leader in Final Year
- Awarded Foundation Award for academic and athletic excellence
- Awarded Reserve Entry Scholarship
Infantry Soldier (Canadian Grenadier Guards Infantry Regiment, 1997-1998)
- Infantry Soldier - Canadian Army (Reserves)
- Completed QL2/3 Infantry Course
- Completed Infantry Winter Warfare Course
- Present: Alpine skiing; Cross country skiing; Swimming; Running; Tennis; Sailing; Windsurfing.
- Past: Cambridge University Boxing Club; Royal Military College of Canada Track & Field and Triathlon Teams; Level I Certified Alpine Ski Instructor - Canadian Ski Instructor Alliance; National Capital Competitive Swimming and Triathlon Team.
- Scuba diving; Gliding; Canoeing (Algonquin Park); Mountain hiking (Tatra Mountains).
- Reading: Biographies and books on history, politics, military studies, and environmental issues. Books by Ryszard Kapuscinski, Simon Sebag Montefiore, AJP Taylor, Haruki Murakami, Milan Kundera, Sigurd F. Olson and many other authors.