B.A. & Sc. students must register in one of the following:
- BASC 201 is a required integrative course for all students in this degree.
- the B.A. & Sc. Freshman Program (required for all B.A. & Sc. freshman students within their first year at McGill), or
- an Interfaculty program (also available as an Honours), or
- a Multi-track program (consisting of a Major Concentration in Science and a Major Concentration in Arts), or
- a Joint Honours program (Joint Honours component in Science and a Joint Honours component in Arts).
Don't see the B.A. & Sc. program you like? Consider a B.Sc. or B.A. program, with (or without) a minor in the other faculty. McGill B.A. and B.Sc. programs offer many opportunities for multi-disciplinary studies, especially in the B.Sc. Liberal program and the B.A. Multi-track stream.
If you are interested in the B.A. & Sc., please read these B.A. & Sc. FAQs before applying.
These programs are described in more detail in the McGill calendar, under Overview of Programs Offered. Also, be sure to contact the appropriate Department Program Advisers who are responsible for degree programs that are administered by their departments and give specific information about prerequisites, courses, approval for required courses and program selection. Since they are also generally members of McGill University's academic staff, they can also provide useful insight into potential options for further study in their respective disciplines.