- 2010-2011 Omar Sharif Ahmad
- 2008-2010 Blanchard, Emmanuel. Currently Instructor at the School of Software Engineering, Polytechnic of Namibia, Windhoek, Namibia.
- 2008-2009 Roy, Marguerite. Currently Research Associate at the Medical Council of Canada, Ottawa.
- 2005-2007 Berdugo, Gloria. Founder and Coach at Step into the Future.
- 2004-2005 Faremo, Sonia. Currently Research Associate, University of Calgary.
- 2012 Yuan-Jin Hong. Examining the role of self-regulated learning in the context of enhancing critical analysis in a computer-supported collaborative medical journal club activity, McGill University, Montreal.
- 2010 Gauthier, Geneviève. Capturing and representing the reasoning processes of expert clinical teachers for case-based teaching. Currently Assistant Professor at the Centre for Teaching and Learning, University of Alberta, Edmonton.
- 2010 Mufti, Salman. The effect of forward and backward reasoning on managerial decision making. Currently Associate Professor of Management Information Systems at Queen's School of Business and Visiting Associate Professor at The Johnson School of Management at Cornell University.
- 2009 Chiarella, Andrew. Self-organized, collaborative text signalling. Currently Assistant Professor at the Centre for Psychology, Athabasca University, Alberta.
- 2009 Cumyn, Lucy. Expert pedagogical reflection: A case study of the design, implementation and evaluation of technological modules in statistics. Currently Addiction Therapist at the Pavillon Foster.
- 2007 Lu, Jingyan. Supporting medical decision making with collaborative tools. Currently Assistant Professor at the University of Hong Kong.
- 2007 Nakamura, Carlos. The effects of specific support to hypothesis generation on the diagnostic performance of medical students. Currently Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Utah, Department of Biomedical Informatics.
- 2005 Blatter, Janet. Drawing inferences: Drawing, discourse, and spatio-motor representation in animation storyboarding activity. Currently self-employed and writing a book.
- 2004 Faremo, Sonia. Examining Medical Problem Solving in a Computer-Based Learning Environment. Currently Research Associate, University of Calgary.
- 2002 Guerrera, Claudia. Testing the effectiveness of problem-based learning with learning disabled high school biology students. Dean’s Honour’s List. Grants received: McGill Major. Currently Psychologist at the Mackay Centre, Montreal.
- 2001 Ahmad, Arshad. Validating a theory-based design for online instruction: Implications for research & practice. George L. Geis Dissertation Award, Canadian Society for the Study of Higher Education. Grants received: FCAR Doctoral Award. Currently Associate Professor and Director of the Finance Co-op Program at the John Molson School of Business at Concordia University.
- 2000 Lavigne, Nancy. Project-based investigations for producing and critiquing statistics. Grants received: SSHRC Doctoral. Currently Associate Professor at the University of Delaware.
- 1997 Azevedo, Roger. Expert problem solving in mammogram interpretation: A visual cognitive task. Grants received: SSHRC Doctoral and Post-Doctoral Awards, McGill Internal. Currently Full Professor at North Carolina State University.
- 1996 Goyette, Els. The use of dictionaries to facilitate text comprehension. Grants received: McGill Major.
- 2011 Chaput, Genevieve (co-supervise). Assessing the relationship between pain catastrophizing and early physical, psychological and cognitive symptoms following a mild traumatic brain injury.
- 2004 Gauthier, Genevieve (co-supervise). Web-based Self and Peer Assessment in Physics.
- 2004 Wiseman, Jeffrey. Tutoring Strategies For Effective Instruction In Internal Medicine.
- 2002 Chiarella, Andrew. Statistical Reasoning and Scientific Inquiry. Received: The David Stewart McGill University Fellowship 2000.
- 2000 Radcliffe-Branch, Deborah. Determinants of patient behavior in chronic illness: Examining educational interventions for glaucoma patients (FCAR recipient).
- 2000 Espinosa, Rowena. Contextualizing knowledge through BioWorld grand rounds: Does real-world practice improve real-world learning?
- 1995 Guerrera, Claudia. Testing the effectiveness of problem-based learning through problem generation and problem solving with high school biology students. Claudia won the Dunlop Award for best thesis.
- 1994 Lavigne, Nancy. Authentic Assessment: A Library of Exemplars For Enhancing Statistics Performance.
- 1994 Sandrasegaran, Nala. Concordia University -Co-supervise with P. Grogono. Development of simulation-based training environment (SBTE) using the visual applications builder (VAPS).
- 1994 Wilkie, Tara. Examining the effectiveness of instructive animation: A computer learning environment for teaching learning disabled student's biology. Funded by FCAR.
- 1993 Jacobs, Vicki. University of Wisconsin, Madison (1990- 1993). Stochastics in middle school: An exploration of students' informal knowledge.
- 1991 Tookey, Keith, University of Wisconsin, Madison (1989-1991). The use of analogies as effective teaching strategies.
- 2005 Bodanis, Heidi, McGill, A toolbox of strategies: Metacognitive tools for tutors to help adolescents with learning disabilities improve reading.
- 2011 Psaradellis, Cynthia, McGill University.
- 2011 Henderson, Michelle, McGill University.
- 2011 Gossak-Keenan, Kira, McGill University.
- 2010 McCurdy, Nina, McGill University.
- 2008 Volfson, Boris, McGill University.
- 1991 Hollar, Nancy (Undergraduate Honors thesis), University of Wisconsin, Madison, A student model for monitoring scientific reasoning within Bio-World.