Asbestos Conference 2013
The McGill Faculty of Medicine is pleased to announce a free full-day academic conference, open to the public, focused on the topic of asbestos. Conference attendees will be invited to engage in a baseline discussion about what asbestos is, how it has been used historically and its impact on human health, as well as participate in a dialogue for the future with respect to research policy, ethics and the broader context.
Invited guest speakers for the conference include:
Dr. Paul Demers, Occupational Cancer Research Centre
Dr. Leslie Stayner, University of Chicago at Illinois
Dr. David Egilman, Brown University
Professor Chris MacDonald, Ryerson University
NOTE: REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
Click to watch the video of the conference.
Click here to access the conference program.
This conference has been organized by a multidisciplinary planning committee, consisting of the following members:
- David Eidelman, VP Health Affairs / Dean, Faculty of Medicine (Ex-officio)
- Mark Goldberg, Department of Medicine
- Catherine Lu, Department of Political Science
- Anthony Williams-Jones, Earth and Planetary Sciences, Department of Engineering
- Bruce Case, Department of Pathology
- Philip Oxhorn, Institute for the Study of International Development
- Neil Colman, Department of Medicine
- Robin McLay, Institute for the Study of International Development
- Haley Dinel, Representative, Student Society of McGill University (SSMU)
- Joey Shea, Representative, Student Society of McGill University (SSMU)
- Maedeh Khayyat Kholghi, Representative, Post-Graduate Student Society, McGill University (PGSS)
- Bryan Gingras, Representative, Engineering Undergraduate Society, McGill University (EUS)
- Esli Osmanlliu, Representative, Medical Student Society, McGill University (MSS)