On February 21st, 2013, the Arts Internship Program Alumni Network was pleased to welcome a group of museum industry professionals, academics and students to McGill to participate in a panel moderated by Prof. Mary Hunter, Assistant Professor & Undergraduate Director at the Department of Art History and Communications Studies. The topic was "From Internship to Career: Art History Students Entering the Workplace". The panelists were:
- Prof. John M. Fossey, Curator of Archaelogy, Montreal Museum of Fine Arts; Professor Emeritus, Department of History and Classical Studies
- Lesley Johnstone, Curator, Musée d'art contemporaine de Montréal
- Dr. Kathryn Muller, Executive Director, McCord Museum Foundation
- Gwendolyn Owens, Liaison Officer, Office of the Associate Provost
- Laura Di Maio, MA University of Bristol, BA McGill ('09), Arts Internship Program alumnus
We were very pleased with the great turnout and enthusiasm from students, and would like to thank everyone who came to listen, ask questions and meet the panel. The panel was followed by a reception where students had the opportunity to ask questions directly of the panelists. A big thank you to our panelists for their participation and support. If you attended or participated in the event and would like to provide your feedback, please click here.