Submitting self-reported grades: Students from Canadian high schools outside of Ontario and Quebec
You are required to self-report your grades if you are:
- applying to Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, Arts, the B.A.&.Sc., Education, Engineering, Management, Nursing or Science, and
- applying from a high school in Canada outside of Quebec and Ontario.
If you are in a combined high school / International Baccalaureate Diploma program, please arrange for your estimated IB results to be sent directly from your school to McGill.
The web form for submitting self-reported grades can be accessed with your Minerva PIN beginning January 6. Log in to Minerva and select the Applicant menu. For more information on self-reporting, contact Service Point.
Applicants will be considered for admission in two rounds. Those who are not granted admission in the first round will be considered in the second round.
|Decision category||Period to self report*||What to self-report||Estimated dates for posting of admission decisions|
|Early admission for selected candidates||January 6 to February 1 (inclusive)||All Grade 11 and 12 course titles with corresponding results as of the reporting date. For early admission, each result must be reported as either: an interim or completed course grade or as “grade not available”.||For admission decision release dates see http://www.mcgill.ca/applying/knowingstatus/decision.|
|Regular admission for other candidates||March 1 to May 1 (inclusive)||All Grade 11 and 12 courses titles with corresponding results as of the reporting date. All results must be reported as either: an interim or completed course grade. “Grade not available” cannot be selected in this period.||For admission decision release dates see http://www.mcgill.ca/applying/knowingstatus/decision.|
*Applicants are strongly advised to self-report as early as possible during the period indicated.
The grades to be submitted as interim grades depend on how many terms (or semesters) your school has per year. See the table below for more information:
|Terms per year||Interim Grades|
|Two terms||First term|
|Three terms||First two terms|
|Four terms||First two terms|
|Two semesters||First term finals and second semester mid-terms|
- All self-reported grades will eventually be verified against official grades from your school.
- In case of a discrepancy between self-reported and official grades, the latter will be taken as the official version.
- If you need to submit grade revisions or additions after submitting your self-reported-grades, these must be sent to McGill by email and must include your name and application number.
- Admission decisions based on self-reported grades are subject to change without notice on the basis of official grades. In cases of significant discrepancies, the applicant may be required to provide an explanation.
- McGill does not require interim transcripts as you will be self-reporting your grades online, including all grade 11 and grade 12 level academic courses.
- Self-reporting grades will permit us to automatically consider you for a basic scholarship.
- If you are applying for a major renewable entrance scholarship, you must not only self-report your grades online, but you must arrange for additional supporting documentation to be sent to McGill. Further information can be found at Scholarships and Student Aid.