You may find it helpful to have our Guide to applying online open in another tab or window as you go through the application process.
- You will complete between 15 and 25 sections, depending on your choice of program. The application process should take about 20 minutes.
- You may stop at any time after selecting your program and finish later by re-entering your Login ID and PIN.
- You will need a valid credit card (Visa, Mastercard or American Express) to submit your application online.
- After you complete a section, click the "Continue" button at the bottom of the page to save the data and proceed to the next section. The reset button may be used to undo any unsaved changes you've made on the current section before you click "Continue".
- If you have made an error, you will receive a red error message at the top of the section indicating that there were errors or omissions.
- You can complete sections in any order. To skip to another section, click on the menu on the left-hand side of the screen. As you successfully complete a section, it will move to the completed sections at the bottom of the left side bar menu.
- For more information on each individual section, click the "Help" button at the top right of the screen.
- You will be asked to enter a Login ID and PIN. For security reasons, it is important that you choose a hard-to-guess PIN.
- Note your PIN, as you will need it later. Once you have selected your program, you may stop at any time and return to your application by re-entering your Login ID and PIN.
- Use the mouse rather than the tab or enter keys to move between fields.
- Don't leave your web session unattended. For security reasons you will be automatically logged out of the application if no data is entered within 30 minutes.
- Don't use the back and forward features of your web browser. This can result in errors when submitting your application, and should be used only when you are explicitly instructed to do so.
Application to all McGill programs is completed on-line, along with the payment of the application fee by credit card. Applicants are expected to monitor the status of their application on-line as well. In the event that you do not have access to the web or you do not have your own credit card, we suggest that you seek the help of a trusted family member, friend, school counsellor or other mentor to complete the McGill on-line application and furnish the associated fee. McGill accepts fee payment on the following credit cards: Visa, Mastercard or American Express.