January (Winter session) admission
January Admission 2015
Generally speaking, McGill University does not admit undergraduate students in January (Winter). When space and program structure permits, CEGEP students, students who have or will have a McGill degree at the time of entry, and some other categories of applicants, may be considered for some programs. Please see below for information on available programs and eligibility.
Programs open for admission in January 2015
Application deadline for the faculties and schools listed below - November 1, 2014
Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (Macdonald Campus)
Open to CEGEP students and McGill graduates described in the "Eligible Applicants" section below, as well as qualified students applying as Special, Visiting, Mature and Transfer students.
- B.Eng. (Bioresource Engineering)
- B.Sc. (Agricultural & Environmental Sciences)
- B.Sc. (Food Science)
- B.Sc. (Nutritional Sciences), Human Nutrition
The following Certificate and Diploma programs will also be open in this Faculty:
- Certificate in Food Science
- Certificate in Ecological Agriculture
- Diploma in Environment
Open to CEGEP students and McGill graduates described in the 'Eligible Applicants' section below. *McGill graduates ONLY, see note below.
Part-Time Group open to CEGEP students and McGill graduates described in the 'Eligible Applicants' section below. * McGill graduates ONLY, see note below.
- B.Com. (part-time evening program only)
PEMC Group open to CEGEP students and McGill graduates described in the 'Eligible Applicants' section below. * McGill graduates ONLY, see note below.
- B.Sc. (Physical, Earth, Math & Computer Science group) only
This program is open only to students who have completed a B.Sc. or B.A. degree or equivalent.
- Although McGill’s Schulich School of Music programs are normally closed for January admission, interested students may contact Mr. Patrick O’Neill (Patrick [dot] Oneill [at] mcgill [dot] ca) to inquire about possible availability.
- The Faculty of Religious Studies admits students to the Bachelor of Theology (B.Th.) program in January and May. For January and May application deadlines consult the web site.
Applicants (regardless of citizenship) currently studying in CEGEP in Quebec completing DEC requirements by December, including those who last studied in a Quebec CEGEP and have not undertaken subsequent study elsewhere.
Applicants (regardless of citizenship) who have or will have a McGill degree at the time of entry and who have not undertaken subsequent study elsewhere, who wish to apply as Special students or as Transfer students for a second McGill degree.
*McGill graduates only, contact admissions [at] mcgill [dot] ca for further information. Students who are not McGill graduates are not eligible to apply for the January session.
Please consult the http://www.mcgill.ca/applying/admissionsguide for more information.
Programs closed for admission in January 2015:
- BA & Sc. (Multidisciplinary Program)
- Education (Kindergarten and Elementary, Secondary, Teaching English as a Second Language, Kinesiology, Physical Education and B.Ed. (Music))
- Engineering (Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, General, Materials, Mechanical, Mining, Software)
- Food Science / Nutritional Science (Concurrent Degree Program)
- Management (B.Com.) Full-Time
- Nursing (B.Sc. (Nursing) and B.N. (Integrated))
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Science (Biological, Biomedical & Life Sciences Group, Neuroscience Group)
- Social Work