Applying to McGill
Scope of this Guide
These instructions can be used to apply to programs in:
- Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (including Dietetics and Human Nutrition)
- Physical and Occupational Therapy
- Religious Studies
- Social Work
Faculties, Centres, and Students not covered in this Guide
This guide does not cover the faculties of Dentistry, Law, and Medicine and the School of Continuing Studies. Likewise, it does not cover students coming to McGill University on exchange or former McGill University students seeking readmission. Please consult the relevant McGill website below or the section “Important Notice for Current and Former McGill Students” for more information.
Important Notice for Current and Former McGill Students
- If you are currently registered in a degree program at McGill University and you will not be graduating in the current year, you should not complete an entirely new admission application if you wish to transfer to a different faculty or degree program. Instead, please contact the faculty you wish to transfer into for more instructions, or see the website at www.mcgill.ca/students/transfer-readmission/.
- If you are a former McGill University student and wish to return to complete your degree, and you have not completed a degree at another university, please contact your former faculty for more information about its readmission process.
- If you are registered with the School of Continuing Studies in the Certificate in Management program and wish to transfer to the B.Com. degree, please apply directly to the Faculty of Management.
- All other students can use this guide.