Welcome to the Academic Personnel Office
The Academic Personnel Office works in tandem with the Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic), the Associate Provost (Academic Priorities & Resource Allocation), and the Associate Provost (Policies, Procedures & Equity) on all matters relating to the recruiting, hiring, appointing, conditions of employment, salary, leaves and retirement of academic staff.
The two Associate Provosts share oversight of the Academic Personnel Office according to the following responsibilities:
|Associate Provost (Academic Priorities & Resource Allocation) ghyslaine.mcclure [at] mcgill.ca (Ghyslaine McClure)||Associate Provost (Policies, Procedures & Equity) angela.campbell [at] mcgill.ca (Angela Campbell)|
|• recruitment and appointment of all academic staff;
• anomaly and retention salary increases and stipends;
• administrative and academic appointments with stipends.
|• reappointment, tenure, promotion of all academic staff;
• sabbatical leaves, leaves of absence, parental leaves, secondments;
• retirement, emeritus designation;
|• facilitating “on-boarding” of new academic staff and academic leaders with organization of orientation sessions;
• professional development of academic staff, including the Academic Leadership Forum (ALF) Series.
For more information about whom to contact in APO regarding specific topics, please visit Who We Are.