- Somatic cell reprogramming
- Oocyte and embryo development
- Nuclear transfer and animal cloning
- Creation of swine models for biomedical research
Graduate students (current)
- rodrigobohrer [at] hotmail [dot] com (Rodrigo C. Bohrer), PhD student.
- naomi [dot] dicks [at] gmail [dot] com (Naomi Dicks), PhD student.
- Karina Gutierrez (karina [dot] gutierrez [at] mail [dot] mcgill [dot] ca) – PhD student
- Luke Currin (luke [dot] currin [at] mail [dot] mcgill [dot] ca) – MSc student
- Paulo Roberto da Rosa (robertoadr [at] yahoo [dot] com [dot] br),Visiting Research Student (PhD) from the Federal University of Santa Maria, Brazil.
- Simone Vieira Castro (simone_medvet [at] hotmail [dot] com), Visiting Research Student (PhD) from the Ceara State University, Brazil.
- Werner Giehl Glanzner (wernergiehl [at] gmail [dot] com), Visiting Research Student (PhD) from the Federal University of Santa Maria, Brazil.
- Bohrer RC, Duggavathi R, Bordignon V. Inhibition of histone deacetylases enhances DNA-damage repair in SCNT embryos. Cell Cycle. 2014 Jul 1;13(13):2138-48.
- Bohrer RC, Che L, Gonçalves PB, Duggavathi R, Bordignon V. Phosphorylated histone H2A.x in porcine embryos produced by IVF and somatic cell nuclear transfer. Reproduction, 2013 Aug 21;146(4):325-33. doi: 10.1530/REP-13-0271. Print 2013 Oct.
- Bordignon V, El-Beirouthi N, Gasperin BG, Albornoz MS, Martinez-Diaz MA, Schneider C, Laurin D, Zadworny D, Agellon LB. Production of cloned pigs with targeted attenuation of gene expression. PLoS One. 2013 May 30;8(5):e64613. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0064613.
- Henrique Barreta M, Garziera Gasperin B, Braga Rissi V, de Cesaro MP, Ferreira R, de Oliveira JF, Gonçalves PB, Bordignon V. Homologous recombination and non-homologous end-joining repair pathways in bovine embryos with different developmental competence. Experimental Cell Research 2012 Oct 1;318(16):2049-58. doi: 10.1016/j.yexcr.2012.06.003. Epub 2012 Jun 9.
- Baldassarre H, Deslauriers J, Neveu N and Bordignon V. Detection of endoplasmic reticulum stress markers and production enhancement treatments in transgenic goats expressing recombinant human butyrylcholinesterase. Transgenic Research 2011, 20:1265-72.
- Martinez-Diaz MA, Che L, Albornoz M, Seneda MM, Collis D, Coutinho ARS, El-Beirouthi N, LaurinD, Zhao X, Bordignon V. Pre- and post-implantation development of swine cloned embryos derived from fibroblasts and bone marrow cells after inhibition of histone deacetylases. Cellular Reprogramming 2010, 12: 85-94.