Graduate Student Positions
While prospective students with an interest in a specific Supervisor or area of research are encouraged to inform themselves of potential projects and funding opportunities, some specific ones (for which targeted funding has been identified) are also listed here.
Ph.D. in Prokaryotic Biodiversity in Corn Fields (see description)
M.Sc. in Antibiotic Resistance and Phylogenetic Biodiversity of Prokaryotes in Swine Production (see description)
M.Sc. in Dairy Nutrition
Description: An MSc student position to study the effects of dietary additives (eg sugars) in high forage diets on the performance of high-lactating cows.
The selected candidate will evolve in a multidisciplinary and bilingual research team of the Crampton Nutrition Laboratory at the Macdonald Campus of McGill University, under the supervision of Dr Arif Mustafa (Associate Professor of Dairy Nutrition)
Scholarship: If successful, student will receive an industry-based scholarship ($21,000 per year).
- Applicants with a strong background in ruminant nutrition, highly motivated, dedicated to research and physically capable to work with dairy cows (ie. sample collections). Experience in dairy cow handling would be an asset.
- Application is open to Canadians and permanent residents ONLY.
Deadline: The position is available for Winter 2014. Applicants should consider university's application deadline (Sept 15) (http://www.mcgill.ca/gradapplicants/animal-science-0#app)
- Apply for graduate studies on-line, in accordance with application deadline
- Send cover letter and curriculum vitae to Dr Arif Mustafa (arif [dot] mustafa [at] mcgill [dot] ca)
Teaching Assistant Positions - Winter 2014
- Please consult the following for TA Positions available in Animal Science for the Winter 2014 semester