Applicants must first complete the screening application to ensure they are eligible to apply and send it to sandra [dot] cardoso [at] muhc [dot] mcgill [dot] ca (Sandra Cardoso). Eligible applicant must then submit the following items:
- Certified copy of medical degree.
- Certified copy of specialist certificate.
- Attestation of residency training describing the rotations completed and the overall performance in the program by the end of Residency, including mention of any leaves.
- Three letters of reference.
- Letter of intent stating clearly what fellowship you are applying for.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Proof of completion of USMLE 1 and 2 OR
Proof of completion of evaluation examination of the medical council of Canada (MCEE) OR
A letter of support of the Dean at the Medical School where your post-graduate training was completed that attests to your training qualifications and specifically support the fellowship at McGill University. addressed to:
Dr. Sarkis Meterissian, Associate Dean
Post Graduate Medical Information and Professional Affairs
Faculty of Medicine, McGill University
- A certified copy of your passport page that indicates your name and place of birth.
- Signed Affidavit to return home: affidavit
- Proof of funding, if you have funding. Funding must provide a minimum salary of $43,000 and pay tuition of $28,000 for a total of $71,000. The department of Anesthesia has funding for several fellowships, so external funding is not a requirement for application, but is recommended. Self-funding is not accepted.
NOTE: PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS THAT ARE NOT ENGLISH OR FRENCH MUST BE TRANSLATED. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE THE ORIGINALS, THE COPY MUST BE CERTIFIED BY A COMMISSIONER OF OATHS. Accepted candidates will also have to apply to the McGill Faculty.
Steps to follow for Certification of Documents
A commissioner of oath could certify your documents. There is one in every hospital. A lawyer and a public notary could also certify documents and sign photocopies.
You must present your original document and the photocopy to a commissioner of oaths, who will certify that the copy is indeed a ture copy of the original.
You will find a commissioner of oaths at the Faculty of Medicine, Department of Undergraduate Medical Education (for undergraduate medical students enrolled at McGill) or in health institutions. McGill University Health Centers offer this service for our postgraduate medical trainees.
"I certify that the copy of this document is true to the original."
This (date) _________________
At (place) __________________
Commisioner of Oaths
The Commissioner of Oaths affixes his or her signature and then adds, by hand in block letters or with a stamp, his or her name, the words "Commissioner of Oaths", written in full, the name(s) of the judicial district(s) where he or she has jurisdiction and the number of his or her commission."
Your document may be certified by a lawyer, a notary, a court clerk or a justice of the peace.
However, it may not be certified as true by, among others, a father, mother, sisters, brothers, or a spouse.