Role of the Academic Management Office (AMO)
The Academic Management Office provides the Provost, Deputy Provost, Associate Provosts and Deans support related to the following areas:
- Development of the planning process;
- Theory of academic planning and of its application to current issues;
- Analyze and synthesize plans submitted by units reporting to the Provost;
- Prepare reports and documents explaining present status and trends related to units reporting to the Provost;
- Reconcile quantitative compact agreements with information available through central data sources;
- Interface with central administrative units on issues relating to compacts (e.g. Finance, Human Resources).
- Offer advice and participate in updating processes and collecting information to facilitate the integrated planning exercise.
Government and Inter-institutional Interactions
- Discussions on academic issues
- Opinions on government proposals
Higher Education Issues
- Integrated budget and planning policies and practices issues
- How do other universities do things?
- Validation and coherency of plans
- Financial feasibility of proposals