Welcome to the Get Ready package for the Canadian Field Studies in Africa Program 2015. This website is designed to help you get ready for our departure in January.
Please read through all the information carefully.
Print the CFSIA checklist and use it to ensure that you haven't forgotten anything!
It is time to start getting excited about spending this winter on safari in Africa!
If you have any questions about preparations, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The orientation session will take place during the first week in January, in Montreal and at McGill immediately prior to your departure. Presence is mandatory for everyone; the week will consist of preparatory lectures and events.
You are responsible for transportation to Montreal as well as your room and board for the week. We recommend billeting for students who do not have a place to stay; it will save you some money and will also help you to get to know one another before departure. If you need somewhere to stay or can host another student, please contact the office before November 1, 2014 and we will make the arrangements.
- Print the Get Ready package
Please respect all the deadlines. There will be no exception made. Documents can be dropped off in person, emailed or sent via regular mail to the Internships and Field Studies officer.
Due September 15th:
- CFSIA travel reservation form (Get Ready package page 1)
- Medical form Part I - Student Medical History - (Get Ready package page 2)
- 2nd installment: $7000.00
Due October 15th:
- Medical form Part II - Physician's Assessment - (Get Ready package page 5-6)
Due November 15th:
- 3rd installment: $4050.00. ***Note: the program's fees are based on the previous year's costs. The third installment might change slightly. If there is a change, it will be announced.
- Apply for your visas. Be sure that your passport is valid for the duration of your travels, and for six months after your planned return. If you do not have a valid passport, get a new one immediately.
Due December 1st:
- Proof of medical insurance (Get Ready package page 8)
- Register for 5 courses
Due December 15th:
- Medical form Part III - Immunizations - (Get Ready package page 7)
- Pay your McGill tuition
- Finalize the travel registry form on Minerva (Get Ready package page 9)
Register with Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada
DFAIT offers a registration service for all Canadians travelling or living abroad. This service is provided so that we can contact and assist you in an emergency in a foreign country, such as a natural disaster or civil unrest, or inform you of a family emergency at home. Register your travel by clicking here