McGill is home to Canada's first faculty of medicine, established in 1829.
Canada's second largest hospital-based research facility is located at the McGill University Health Centre, with 550 researchers and clinicians, 1,200 graduate and postdoctoral students, and close to $170 million research funding.
Affiliated Teaching Hospitals:
- McGill University Health Centre (MUHC), representing six teaching hospitals affiliated with McGill:
- Montreal Children's Hospital
- Montreal General Hospital
- Royal Victoria Hospital
- Montreal Neurological Hospital and Institute
- Montreal Chest Institute
- Lachine Hospital and Camille-Lefebvre Pavillon
- Sir Mortimer B. Davis - Jewish General Hospital
- Douglas Mental Health University Institute
- St. Mary's Hospital Center